This recipe makes a pretty addition to a Mother’s Day brunch - but don’t overlook how easy it is for breakfast on the go as well.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Preparation Time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking Time: 0 minute(s)
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 142.9 Total Fat 3.6g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 92.7mg Total Carbohydrate 23.3g Dietary Fiber 3.9g Sugars 11.1g Protein 4.5g.
Serves 3 people
- 1 cup peaches, frozen sliced unsweetened
- 1 cup, unthawed strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- ½ cup(s) 8 ounce Greek 0% yogurt
- 1½ cup(s) almond milk original, rice milk or organic skim milk (preferably organic grass-fed
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (sprouted) (optional) — high in Omega 3s, good for digestion
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Cinnamon sprinkle (optional)
- Whey protein 1-2 tablespoons (optional) — brain power, curbs appetite
1. Gather all ingredients and place in high speed blender.
2. Mix for 1-2 minutes, or desired consistency and divide into three 8 ounce cups. Drink and enjoy!
3 years ago | 2 notes.
An easy, healthy eye-opener to start the day on the right track.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Size: per cup; Calories (kcal): 110; Fat (g): 0.5; Fat Calories (kcal): 5; Saturated Fat (g): 0; Protein (g): 2; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 0; Carbohydrates (g): 25; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 0; Sodium (mg): 20; Cholesterol (mg): 0; Fiber (g): 3
Yields about 3½ cups
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 heaping cups (12 ounces) individually quick-frozen strawberries
1. Put the orange juice, yogurt, banana, and 1 cup of the berries in a blender. Blend using the pulse option (or start at a low speed and gradually increase to high).
2. Once blended, add the remaining berries one at a time through the jar cap’s fill hole while the machine is running. Blend until smooth.
I know I say this alot but I <3 smoothies. They are just too good, and too good for you. And since mixed berries might be expensive this time of year, getting some frozen berries might be the way to good.
Super Easy Smoothie
I sometimes have a hard time eating fruits and veggies on the weekends because I am tired and lazy and don’t want to cook them. So today I decided to just throw a bunch of stuff in the Magic Bullet and see how it turned out because I wanted a healthy snack. It’s amazing!
What you’ll need
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 pear
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 cup of water
Put ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Indulge!
2 years ago | 18 notes.